Saturday, March 6, 2010

She's Like the Wind

Holy moly, I just ran for 35 minutes. 25 minutes straight, then about 2.5 minutes off and another 10 minutes. I also did a 2.5 minute warm up, and went a grand total of 3.1 miles (that's a 5k). I ran 2 miles straight without stopping. And I'm pretty confident that I can get close to running the full 5k by the end of the week, judging by the fact that I didn't die tonight. I am really worried about doing it outside rather than on the treadmill, though. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a friend and we're going to do some outdoor running together.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I work at a recreation and parks organization. We certify fitness leaders and personal trainers in the province. I work with a lot of people who are really fit, and who teach other people to be really fit. Gaining 50 pounds while I've been working there has been pretty embarrassing. I would say I'm without a doubt the least healthy staff person there, but not for long! The friend that I'm going running with tomorrow works with me, and is a personal trainer and fitness leader, as well as being an avid runner. I'm pretty lucky that she's willing to help me get ready for the race.

On a complete side note, the past couple of days it's been absolutely treacherous to meet my minimum calories (1200). I've been eating lots - 3 meals and 3 snacks (I usually only have two snacks), and I still have to have a 4th snack to get me to the minimum. Right now I'm about to go down to the store to get something that'll give me about 150 calories to reach 1200 for the day. I know it could be worse, but who really has to stuff themselves to eat that much? I'm not hungry!

0 comments: