Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week in Review

Wow. I've been gone for a while. I got really busy trying to finish up my thesis (it's due next Wednesday) and my dad came to visit. He's still here but entertained with some poker so I have a few minutes to catch up. So much has gone on this week! I figure best way to review is to just go through day by day.

Wednesday: Weighed in. Result - down 2 pounds to 189 and 1 inch. Woot!


I was so excited to say "hellooooo 180's" (this picture is old). My dad also arrived on this day and we went out. I was craving a burger (veggie) so I had one, but only a couple of fries. Of course I had some mandatory beers as well.

Thursday: Following my night of beering it up with the dadsies I had a conference that I was staffing a booth at all day. I didn't get to drink much water (just one water bottle) all day and I was super thirsty. I went to the gym this night (to train for my 5k) and it was the worst run I have had since I started. I realized part way through it that my calves were probably screaming because I was dehydrated. Word of advice? Drink your water! It makes things so much better!

Friday: Another day at the conference and picked up my race kit (which was actually just my bib number and a pair of free gloves. I thought it would be more official). The rest of the night I just laid low.

Saturday: Race day! My personal trainer friend ended up doing it with me, and it was AWESOME! I finished in 38:46, which is the exact same time as my fastest time on the treadmill. This made me really excited because there are A LOT of uphills on the race, and it usually doesn't rain or have huge wind gusts on the treadmill, so the race was actually a lot harder than it would be just running on the treadmill. I also ran about 600 metres on the track before the race (this is a great way to start a race - your body is already primed for running. Just keep your heart rate up and you're good to go!). I also went to visit my relatives with my dad who live on Vancouver Island. We went to a concert and I did a tonne of dancing, which definitely burned some calories (needed given that I had a few beers).

Sunday: A relaxing day on the Island with my family. Didn't work out (I was pretty sore). I also didn't drink any beer this day, which is pretty big for me. I love beer, but I just had some nice lemon water and I was totally satisfied all day (probably helps that I was recovering from the night before).

Monday: Came home from the Island and did a lot of walking this day. Fun times with dad & the bf. Also had some thesis meetings which went pretty well.

Today: Again lots of walking. Haven't been to the gym since Thursday but it's hard to make it there when you have visitors. I might try to revisit a stair workout tomorrow. I'm also pretty worried about my weigh in tomorrow (mostly because I've taken a couple of peeks at the scale). If I gain I'll be disappointed, but as I said I did partake in a few beers over the week so I can't REALLY complain. But, seriously, I ran a 5k. And did lots of walking and even other running earlier in the week. I've also been eating awesome. Even better than when my sis was here earlier in the month. Hopefully tomorrow won't be that bad.

That's all for now! I'll be back tomorrow to post about the damage (or hopefully lack thereof).

0 comments: