Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keep Pushing Forward

Well, I was definitely not expecting what I saw on the scale today. I got on, and it read the exact same as it did last week. 185. In the past, when I've had weeks of no loss, I've been able to attribute it to something - drinking alcohol, not eating as well as I can, or not exercising enough. This week, though, I really expected a loss. I worked out 6 of 7 days, a few times doing the Shred and a long bike ride or walk. I didn't drink one ounce of alcohol, which hasn't happened in a long time, and I ate really well for the whole week. I was pretty frustrated when I saw that number, but I'm trying to not let it get me down. All of that working out and making healthy choices wasn't for naught. It is contributing to my healthy lifestyle and even if it doesn't show up on the scale I feel better, and I can tell that my muscles are getting more defined.

I'll end this post with a NSV - I only lost half an inch between my chest, waist and hips this week, but it was on my waist. I looked up my waist-to-hip ratio, which is an indicator for health and risk of metabolic disease, and mine is currently .85. I've read that a healthy waist-to-hip ratio for women is below .8, so I'm getting closer every week. When I started this journey, my waist-to-hip ratio was .98, so I've made a vast improvement in the past 14 weeks, and I can definitely feel good about that.

0 comments: