Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The 4 Month D-Day Explained

I have this nagging little tracker at the bottom of my page reminding me that I have a deadline. I've heard of a lot of people who have goal outfits, and on many tv shows contestants/participants are encouraged to do this. I don't have a goal outfit (other than the torchbearer one which was sort of out of my control), but I do have a goal event to wear an outfit to. My step-brother (although I call him my brother) is getting married on May 1. Below is a picture of myself along with my brother, sister and mom at her wedding in 2003. I remember being disappointed that I was in front because I would take up so much of the picture. I don't know what my weight was then, but I know I was unhappy with it (I actually did a surprisingly good job of hiding it in this picture - there were photos of me from the side where you could clearly see my protruding belly).

 

I would like to feel better about myself at the wedding in May than I did in this picture. I would like to be able to dance without ruining my hair from sweat, and I would like to be able to get a dress that I'm really confident and comfortable in. So my four month d-day isn't really about a goal outfit, it's about a goal state of mind. So far, I feel like I'm on the right track to making it there and having a great time at the wedding with my family. I'll be sure to post pictures of me tearing it up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and good job so far!!! Visiting from SITS....I can't wait to see pics of you at the next wedding!!!

Chibi said...

You can do it! So far it sounds like you're on track and have a good plan in place.

P.S. You guys are all gorgeous!

Shannon said...

Stopping by from SITS. I've lost 60 lbs over the last year and it's a daily and I mean DAILY struggle to keep the weight off, exercise, and not judge every scale fluctuation. Keep up the good work, don't give up.