Saturday, January 30, 2010

Those Darn Stairs (reprise)

So last night I realized that I hadn't taken the stairs at all this week, and that I wanted to take them 3 times. I hadn't planned to go out for any reason, but I asked my bf if he wanted to go to the store and the bank (he said yes because he's a sucker for late night snacks...I feel a little bad for the sabotage but he didn't mind). When we got back I almost automatically got on the elevator, then realized that I was ruining the plan and left to go for the stairs. I took the 6 flights, started dying around flight 4, but made it. Our apartment is at the end of the hallway right next to the stairs...on the OTHER side of the building. I walked right into the wrong apartment. I startled the couple who were sitting on their couch enjoying their Friday night, quickly apologized, closed the door and headed back to my apartment laughing. My bf thinks I should put a note under their door. I would rather let it stay a mystery. He said I would freak out if that happened, but I reminded him that I always lock the door so it probably wouldn't. Hopefully they got over it pretty quickly but it'll probably be more than a little awkward if I see them in the elevator any time soon. Maybe I'll stick to the stairwell on my side of the building from now on.

3 comments:

Cybil said...

Fantastic story Allie! Great job sticking to your goal of taking the steps!

FrogiNater said...

That i spretty funny!! I lock my door all the time too, so it wouldn't happen to me. But-- for them- I bet they giggle over it too. :)

Chibi said...

OMG! I'm equal parts O_O and LOL! The poor guy that lives below us has tried to unlock our door three times now. The first and last time, he figured it out on his own, but the second time, he started knocking, so we had to open the door and let him know - he was SO flustered and embarrassed.

The first time I heard the key in the lock - while we were both home - it scared the CRAP out of me; however, like you, I never leave the door unlocked, so it was all good.