Monday, January 25, 2010

Those Darn Stairs

One of my goals, which has been a goal for a long time, is to take the stairs more in my apartment building. Well really, to take the stairs at all would be more than I take them now, so I'll start it off at just taking the stairs. I live on the 9th floor of a 30 story building, and while 9 floors sounds really daunting, we're on a hill so it's technically only 6 flights of stairs from the main entrance. I'm actually pretty good at taking the stairs down. This isn't really much of a feat as it's a lot faster than waiting for the elevator and not really anything I could consider the workout. But every time I think about taking the stairs up I feel like Rocky getting ready for the big fight and then I back down. I've promised myself that this week I'm going to take them up at least 3 times. This is me putting it in writing so I have something to live up to. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Gwenyth Love said...

I hear you about the stairs! I work on the 7th floor and really want to try harder to take them. I am a bit of a Tree Hugger so it's for more than health reasons. I have gotten really good at going down, but every time I take them up I die around the 5th floor, so the next time I think about going up I revert back to that dying feeling on the 5th floor and push the button for the elevator. I really have to overcome that...

Good luck!