Sunday, January 24, 2010

A New Goal

As I mentioned in my first post, I was hesitant to set a weight-specific goal for this process. But I've recently decided that I should set one, specifically related to my BMI. I'm currently classified as obese. That's a little hard for me to hear, and I'd much rather not be in that category anymore. So, I have now set the goal of not being obese. In order to do this at my height I need to be 191 pounds. So I'm currently at 200 pounds, and I have 9 more to lose to get to this mini-goal. I'd like to reach this goal by February 25, which is 5 weeks from now. That would require me to lose 2 pounds a week for four weeks, and 1 pound for the 5th week (maybe not in that order).

I'm excited about reaching this goal, and I think having something to look forward to in the next few weeks. Initially I was tempted to set the goal for my birthday (February 13, 3 weeks from now) but I resisted that temptation. It's pretty common for me to set unrealistic goals and then give up when I don't reach them, and then have to start over. So I'm also proud that I'm setting a goal that I'll hopefully be able to reach. Now off to the gym to make it happen!

0 comments: