Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Allie vs. the Treadmill, Round 2

First of all, thanks to everyone for their kind words and offers of support. I didn't really expect much feedback when I started writing, but it's been a welcome surprise!

This week is really busy for me. I have a first draft of my thesis due next week, and I can't help but feel I'm really behind. Some of it is beyond my control, however, and I had a HUGE step in the right direction today, so I'm looking forward to getting the first draft off of my desk and moving forward. It's definitely a challenge to make healthy food choices and find time to exercise with so much going on, but so far so good.

And that leads me to my exciting news of the day. I had round two with running on the treadmill tonight, and it was great. It's amazing that I already feel so much better (i.e. I don't feel like I'm going to die at the 1.5 minute mark), and with the nerves of the first time behind me, I was able to double my running time (up to 10 minutes...it's a start!). I'll be heading back on Thursday for another match, and I plan to up the ante again this time.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I'll write more then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome on the running! Keep it up and good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! :)

Barbara said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! Great job on your running! THat is fantastic to have doubled your time already. I look forward to following your journey.

Barbara
barbgetshealthy.blogspot.com