Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

Well, today was my weigh in for week 2. Down 1 pound. I am actually impressed because although I try really hard not to get on the scale every day, I still do most days, and I wasn't expecting to lose anything this week. On a sidenote, has anyone ever got on the scale, gone back to bed for 2 hours, not changed anything and got back on the scale? I did this one day this week (I often try to be uber productive by getting up really early in the morning, but some days I decide I need some more z's before facing the world) and found that I lost 2 pounds in that time. So in 2 hours of doing nothing but sleeping I weighed 2 pounds less. It kind of tempts me to just stay in bed (although I won't!).

I was pretty happy with my activity level last week. For some reason, though, I feel that an hour spent walking is not as well used as an hour spent at the gym doing more rigorous cardio. I'm trying to get over that because I think a walk in the sun is just what I need some days (especially in rainy Vancouver). Next week I hope to get some yoga in (more on my yoga love in a future post), because my bf is going back to work after 3 weeks vacation. I've loved having him home, but in our tiny apartment it makes it hard to do much of anything, let alone work out.

I was really really craving fish and chips today. Instead of going to a pub and having a fried version, though, I went to the grocery store and got some sweet potato fries and battered fish. I contemplated getting a fish fillet instead, and now I am regretting my decision a bit. When I looked at what 250 calories of fish looked like of the battered stuff I probably could have done without it. It was pretty tiny, and most of it was the batter, there was very little fish in there. The fries were great though and it totally hit the spot, all for under 450 calories.

I didn't have a measuring tape the day I did my first weigh in, so my measurement day and weigh in day are a day apart. I probably should just switch it up one week to have them on the same day, but for now it gives me something to look forward to on Thursdays and Fridays, so tomorrow we'll see if any inches have come off with that pound.

0 comments: