Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Reality (almost)

I have had an amazing few days. The uniform fit for my torch relay experience, and I ended up not having to run as we had people with various levels of ability on our team and decided to keep it slow so that everyone could enjoy it. Here's a pic of me with the bf before the run:

 
The whole experience was so unreal I can hardly describe it. The adrenaline, making kids (and their parents) SO happy by taking photos with them, seeing other torchbearers and how the experience affected them. It was incredible, and I'll never forget it.
Today I had the opportunity to go to the Opening Ceremonies dress rehearsal because I'm a volunteer. I'm a little disappointed in the people who leaked information about it after being granted this great opportunity, and so all I'm going to say is - watch it! It's amazing.

The week has definitely done a number on my routine, though. Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I've only made it to the gym once since my last weigh in. I have done a lot of walking, though. When I got home from my weekend of meetings yesterday I tracked everything I ate on Spark People. I wanted to track while I was there but the hotel I stayed at charged for internet use and I decided not to buck up. We hardly had a minute of free time anyway. I went over calories 2 days and under 2 days. The days I went over also involved a little beer, but not too much. All I'm hoping for this week is that I don't gain anything. I hope everyone's been having a great week! Looking forward to catching up on my favourite blogs.

0 comments: