Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Skinny on my Fat Jeans

I have a confession. I wear a size 14 pants. No, I haven't been on here lying about my measurements for the past few weeks. I actually shove my big butt (and stomach) into a pair of pants that totally don't fit. And I've been doing it all along. Somehow I feel like buying over a size 14 makes me feel bigger, even though it looks like this:

That's right...this is 11 inches and 9 pounds from where I used to be wearing these pants. Not a pretty sight, I must say. So at this point in my journey not only am I trying to get into some kind of skinny clothes, but I'm actually trying to fit in my fat clothes without busting out of them. This isn't the only pair of pants that I do it with. I'm a culprit with work pants too. I make sure to wear long shirts so that the pop-outiness doesn't show. I'm looking forward to actually being a size 14 and making these jeans look good.

In other news, I kicked my butt at the gym today. Hardcore. It felt great!

4 comments:

ImperfectAnna said...

I hate to admit this, but I do the same thing. Some of my pants are size 14, some are 16, but I won't go bigger. They used to fit at some point, but now, I can pop a jean button right out of its place. (I don't mean the button comes undone, I mean the button literally tears out of the material it was set into.) Nothing will be feel better than when our jeans actually fit like they are supposed to! Keep on trying...I know I am.

My friend is blogging about her weight loss as well. You might like to check it out; I find it entertaining. I will suggest she check out yours as well. Her site is: http://thetwenty-eighthyear.blogspot.com/

Chibi said...

I was doing this for months before I ended up at work one day with my pants unbuttoned because I was uncomfortable - I was thisclose to tears all day.

It's so hard to reconcile the fact that we might need to go up a size with the desire to NOT be in that bigger size (and/or if you're a cheapskate like me, the thought of buying bigger clothes when you're actively trying to lose weight does your head in).

I'll be happy when I can fit "straight" sizes again.

Gwenyth Love said...

I do this with my work clothes all the time. And when I get home I rush into the bedroom to take them off and then rub that horrible red mark it has made across my belly before slipping into my loose and comfortable track pants. I finally broke down and bought a pair of size 12 jeans, but I probably should have gone larger, but I just couldn't do it. Instead I convinced myself I would do better and make the smaller ones fit. I hope it works...

Keelie said...

OMG! I did a very similar post to this the other day--http://wearelosingitblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-dress-your-muffin.html

We all must do this! Thanks for commenting on my blog..

Keelie (REAL FAT)