Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Test

This weekend will definitely be a test. My torchbearer experience will be here on Sunday, and from Saturday until Tuesday I am out of town in meetings. The thing about staying in a hotel and being in meetings the whole time is that I have almost no control over the food that I eat. Two nights we will be in a restaurant, so I should be able to order off the menu and find something pretty healthy, but other than that it's whatever the organizers make available during the day. Working breakfasts and lunches don't make for easy planning. And I'm a planner. Oh my goodness am I a planner. I usually have my meals planned for the week when I go to the grocery store. I know how many calories they are, when I can have a little extra, and whether or not I'm getting the right amount of macronutrients. I'll say it again...this weekend will be a test.

On the plus side there's a gym in the hotel so I can at least get a couple of workouts in. There's also some really nice pools. The problem is that I brought every bathing suit that fits home when I went back for Christmas, and only kept a little bikini here (that I planned to fit into in the summer...catching a pattern here?). So, I won't be able to take part in the swimming. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Today was my weigh in day and I'm down another 2 pounds. This is pretty awesome. I feel great and this is definitely the first time that I've stuck with weight loss for more than 2 weeks since I've been out here. Now I'm at 5 weeks and counting!

2 comments:

Chibi said...

Oof! I don't like the unknown, and I'm a control freak: this would have me completely out of my comfort zone, too. I'm sure you'll be fine, though.

Good luck, and congrats on the loss! :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

So how did the weekend go? Yeah, planning is crucial for me, too. Hope you are finding it easy to make healthy choices.