Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Muscle Madness

I've been overweight my whole life. When I was 9 years old I wore size 9 pants. When I was in grade 7 I weighed 160 pounds. When I lost weight before I actually passed each of these and ended up in a smaller pant size (size 8) and weight (150) than I had been in my adult life. But I had something that I didn't have way back then. I had muscle. I had never seen my body with muscle on it, I didn't even know what it could look like. I LOVED it.

I'm not the kind of girl who likes big muscle. I know some people who have lost weight and then went to bodybuilding, and I'm fairly confident that that will never be me. But I really love finding new muscles. One of my favourites was a leg muscle like this girl has:

I can see it now - but only barely if I hold my leg straight up in the air while I'm laying down (I think this lets the fat move out of the way). I also love the back of the leg muscle that you can see when you're shaving your legs. This is something that really motivates me to keep going - finding new muscles and really seeing the changes in my body.

So I'm curious - have you found any new muscles? Am I the only weird one that gets excited about muscles?

2 comments:

Kerri & Katie said...

Yes! I am finding my abs (slowly!) a little line on the sides going vertical (so horizontal 6 pack of anything) but they're trying to shine through! keep it up!
-kt

Kerri & Katie said...

*NO horizontal 6 pack OR anything...whoops!