Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This Game of Catch Up

Well, I just tracked all of my food since Friday. I'm getting pretty frustrated because I was volunteering for the Olympics all weekend, and despite the fact that it is a sport related event, the food is definitely not healthy. What's worse, you have no idea what you're going to get until you get there. Lots of refined carbs. VERY few vegetables. Like, the most veggies I've had there were the day I opted for cream of broccoli soup. Even most of the sandwiches don't have any veggies on them. I went over my calories on two days (helped along by my birthday which included 2 beers on Friday and a piece of cake on Saturday). I also haven't made it to the gym at all, although I have still been doing a lot of walking. Hours and hours of walking a day.

I'm mostly frustrated because I really wanted to be back on track this week, but I feel like it's been out of my control. We eat when they tell us to eat (another difficult thing because it's usually around 4:00 for dinner...which means I'm hungry when I get home late at night), we don't get as much water as I would like (security is really strict so you're not supposed to bring water in), and we eat what they make for us (one meat option and one vegetarian option usually...I'm a vegetarian which means no choice). Ugh!

Gotta love rants. I have plans to go to the gym today. But with only 2 days until my weigh in I'm not feeling positive about it this week. It's disappointing because I was on my way to making my mini-goal of not obese next week. Oh well, whether I get there next week or in a couple of weeks, I'll get there. And I'll never turn back.

1 comments:

Barbara said...

I think you just have to chalk this up to a "once in a lifetime experience"! You will probably never be able to volunteer for the olympics again. Enjoy yourself and just make the best decisions with what you are given. I'm sure you will be just fine once you get back on track!