Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mmm...beer

It's funny how much things can change in a day. I had a post ready for yesterday, but didn't get a chance to write it. My sister came to visit from Ontario. This was super unexpected - she got Olympic fever, realized she had a free place to stay in Vancouver and booked a flight on Monday. I picked her up at the airport yesterday. But before I did, I did my weekly weigh in a day early. See, I know I've been amazing this week. Even though I wasn't sure what I'd be eating on the weekend when I volunteered, I left myself a lot of calories and came home and tracked, and if I needed to eat more I did. Easy as that. I worked out super hard too. My 'lazy' days still involved a couple miles of walking. I felt amazing. And I weighed in, even a day early, at 193. That's a 2 pound loss, and finally breaking my 3 week plateau at 195. Yay!

Why did I weigh in a day early, you ask? Because I didn't want the weigh in to be looming over my head the first day my little sister was here. So it wasn't. Like it really wasn't. I actually consumed 2 days worth of calories yesterday (mostly from beer). By far the most since I've been on this journey. At first I felt awful (it might have been the hangover), but as the day went on I became more and more at peace with the decisions I made. Because they were choices. And it was one day (more like an evening) of bad choices. And I learned some stuff - like I would rather have salad than fries. I ordered the fries with my wrap but kept eyeing my bf's salad instead. This is good to know.

Here's the thing - I don't know how to deal when people come to visit or unexpected events happen, because I've never had to before. I'm new to this, and so each time I make a bad choice I can learn from it. It's when  you keep repeating the same choice over and over again that it becomes a problem. I feel like I've learned from this, and now I'm moving on. And off to get some yoga in before bed.

PS - Here's me carrying the Olympic Flame with my team of colleagues from every province and territory in Canada. Yeah!

0 comments: